WHAT TO WEAR WHILE RUNNING IN THE RAIN
As we say, Oiselle was “born and raced in Seattle,” so rain running is our specialty. The cold rain, the warm rain, the driving rain, and the small stinging rain.
But rain can’t keep the runners down. We just make and wear the right gear. For running in the rain:
- Consider the temp and distance!
- Technical base layers are a must (such as Lux or Wazzie Wool™ )
- With warm rain, and short distances, a tank or base layer plus a lightweight shell, is a great option. Add a running hat.
- If your mileage is longer, add lightweight gloves, such as the Lux Gloves.
- Cold rain, 35-45 degrees, can be solved with a technical base layer (such as Lux or Wazzie Wool™) plus a lightweight shell (such as the Vim Jacket), and the right accessories.
- In colder temps, add an ear band under your running hat to protect ears
- Good socks are important for rain running: we recommend wool, or technical running socks, such as those made by Stance, Swiftwick, or Balega.
- Once your run is complete, getting into dry clothes is the best way to stay comfortable; always have a set ready if you’re running at a new location, with friends, or while traveling.