Runners Try Rock Climbing
While our minds can get stuck in a routine, our body can as well. As runners we are forward motion focused and it takes a conscious effort to get out of that constant plane. That's why we decided to take our next series in "Runners Try" to the rock wall. Come along as we go upwards, sideways, slant-wards and back down to the mat while we attempt: rock climbing.
- Climbing gym
- Liability waiver - find this online at the gym's website
- Rock climbing shoes - provided upon arrival
- Tutorial video
- Chalk - optional, but all the cool kids are doing it
WHAT TO WEAR
- Form fitted shorts or knickers (we went with Vela Shorts and Jogging Knickers)
- Form fitted top (shimmels work great)
- Sports bra (OP Bra under the O Snap Tank was a gem)
- Socks - optional
- Time required - it takes 3 to 4 hours to get belay certified
- Moving on the same color climbing holds
- Finding wall space where others aren't climbing
- Bicep workout
- Builds endurance
- Boosts brain functions by tapping into problem solving skills
- Body awareness
Don't be afraid to get creative...just make sure you're close to the ground!
NUMBER OF TIMES WE FELL
- Once! Don't worry, the mat below will break your fall.
Do you have climbing tips for us? Get out there and give it your best shot. We want to hear your advice on twitter with #runnerstry.