Weekend Update, Episode 2
Weekend Update January 20
Welcome to the second edition of Weekend Update Oiselle style. Where we recap the week in running, Oiselle and anything else in the world (running or not) that tickles our fancy.
- Oregonian journalist Ken Goe writes about Lauren Fleshman’s many life changes, and joining the Oiselle flock.
- Lance talks to Oprah, the Flotrack boys call the episode Doprah, and many pro-athletes weigh in. Including Oiselle's Lauren Fleshman, who is characteristically honest and clear. Read Lauren's open letter to Lance.
- Brooks announces a mid-distance project in Seattle, and renews its support for Hansons-Brooks ODP (original distance project). I look forward to seeing one of my favorites from the Olympic Trials, T-Shirt (aka Mark Wieczorek) out on the trails. But it’s no secret that Oiselle is here to compete, so we are challenging this Brooks group to a contest of 'who's got the palest winter running legs'. We feel we're off to a great start, working on our base and just get more translucent every day. Bring it Brooks. Bring it.
- We all have big goals for 2013, but how do we accomplish them? Lisa Verwys, Montana runner for Oiselle, just attended a lecture given by sports psychologist Tim Herzog and Olympian Heather McPhie. “The primary goal of the lecture was to show the audience how we could put ourselves in the best possible position to overcome our challenges and how to face those challenges with less unnecessary stress.” Find out how to set goals and attain them.
- Oiselle runner, Kate Grace, gives us the inside scoop on training camp in Arizona, hanging with Olympians, and what the life of a professional runner looks like.
- Lauren Fleshman fan cards are coming. You voted and here are the results:
How was your week? What's making your world spin? And ... most importantly do you think you could beat us in a pale leg contest?