Must Run Trails in the Northwest & Southwest
Where Do You Train?
I get a lot of questions about how and where I train while living in the van. Though I’m not traveling to a new place every day, I’ve spent the past 3 months all over Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, and Utah. Since moving into the van I definitely spend more time planning – where to sleep, where to shower, and where to train.
Sometimes I use google. Other times, I reach out to locals for recommendations. Sometimes it’s just luck. Sometimes, in the moment I see a beautiful place, I stop, get out a map, and go!
Here are 10 (or so) beautiful places I’ve run:
- Chuckanut Mountains – Bellingham, Washington
- Klahhane Ridge (Lake Angeles and Heather Park Trailhead) – Olympic National Park, Washington
- Seven Lakes Basin – Olympic National Park, Washington
- Forest Park – Portland, Oregon
- Hamilton Mountain – Columbia River Gorge, Stevenson, Washington
- Smith Rock State Park – Terrebonne, Oregon
- Crescent Mountain – Cascadia, Oregon
- Clam Beach County Park – Arcata, California
- Redwood National Park – Berry Glen, California
- Marin Headlands – Mill Valley, California
- Duck Lake to Mammoth Crest Trail – Mammoth Lakes, California
- Angeles National Forest – Palmdale, California
- North Beach – Del Mar, California
- Joshua Tree National Park – California
- Kelso Dunes and the Mojave National Preserve – Baker, California
- Zion National Park - Utah
- Red Cliffs National Conservation Area – St. George, Utah
- Bright Angel Trail to South Kaibab – Grand Canyon National Park
- Chuck Wagon Trail – Sedona, Arizona
- Phoenix Mountain Preserve – Phoenix, Arizona
- Honeybee Canyon – Tucson, Arizona
Training - Run
THE SHORTS GUIDE
We’re here to help you go long with your shorts game. Our goal is to offer something for everyone. There’s different shorts for different bodies. There’s shorts for all kinds of weather. There’s shorts for different distances, types of runs, and races.
Don’t F*ck with Kara Goucher
A Oiselle Exclusive. Sally's six takeaways on an early read of The Longest Race.
Oiselle + Janji: The Next Chapter Part II
The news is out. Oiselle and Janji are officially teammates. It's a partnership we're so excited to share more about. In fact, this started as a friendship about a decade earlier.