Introducing The Oiselle Podium Project
Since day one, Oiselle has been a celebration of athletic dedication, hard work, and yes - speed! In fact, one of my earliest and best team experiences, well before Oiselle, was being called up to be a member of the Chicks that Crank Hood to Coast Team that was vying for the women's win. Over 200 miles and dozens of exchanges, we duked it out with the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun team. Back and forth we traded the lead, making it one of the most exciting races I've ever been a part of. In the end, they bested us and we got 2nd - but ah the podium, it was still such a sweet victory.
Fast forward to the present - and we're feeling a renewed need for speed! We want to keep celebrating all-women's teams that are eager to podium - and even win.
Introducing The Oiselle Podium Project. A goal to sponsor six competitive, all women’s teams, with the aim of winning and/or getting on the podium of Ragnar Relays (road and trail) in 2018.
We will only be focused on the six Ragnar shown below (four road, two trail).
These teams have yet to be formed - and this is a call for captains, who will then recruit and organize their squads. We are looking for dedicated team captains for each race listed in the image above, who will organize all team preparations, and lead the team from start to finish line!
- Prior experience as a Ragnar Relay captain or team member may be helpful.
- Able to commit to the time required for prepping and facilitating the team.
- Connected to team candidates in your community and can assemble a team (including crew and volunteers if course requires) no later than January 2018.
- Teams of women who are interested in getting on the podium and/or breaking course records.
- A current affiliation with Oiselle is not required.
- Current Ragnar podium finish times indicate that a relay race pace of ~7:00-8:00 min/mile average will be required
The Oiselle Podium Project Sponsorship includes the following:
- Comprehensive apparel package for up to 12 teammates and 3 crew (a set of apparel for each leg that will be run)
- Team captain receives an additional $500 gift card to use on oiselle.com
- A custom team singlet or race top
- Outerwear, accessories, and a selection of our best Oiselle pieces
- Team story telling via the Oiselle brand (blog, social, media, etc)
- The sponsorship and proivded apparel will require all teammates and crew to exclusively wear Oiselle for athletic apparel needs (runners sponsored by other brands are advised to check sponsor agreements for any potential conflicts).
- Total package value estimated to be $5,000-8,000
Please note, this sponsorship does not include Ragnar Relays entry fees, van costs, other equipment (such as shoes), lodging, travel, food, etc., and must be provided by the team entrants. Click here for more information on Ragnar Relay Team captain responsibilities. Note that some teams/races will receive VIP pricing as negotiated between Oiselle and Ragnar).
If you are interested in being a Podium Project Captain, please complete this form. We will reply to all interested Captains with additional information and requests for info. Thank you for your interest - and here's to fast women getting on the podium in 2018!