How To Win A Ragnar
Since I have completed a single Ragnar - I pretty much know all there is to know about how to run and win a Ragnar. I am a professional Ragnar racer (team #BirdMachineCC represent), so take it from me. I even simplified it into 10 easy steps!
1. Build a badass team. Team captain/our fearless leader/fastie Nicole Freeman brought together quite the gaggle of speedsters + skilled crew members.
2. Have a profesional calligrapher on the team. You may think this step is not neccesary. But, think again. It's all about the team van aesthetic. Bow down to queen Julia Bez.
3. This one is super important: keep your van clean + organized AT ALL TIMES (examples below). Cannot emphasize this one enough.
4. No need to practice handoffs. It'll just make things complicated. Follow your intuition.
5. Fan girl the sh!t out of the woman who just finished her leg. Keep the hype train choo-choo'ing.
6. Be Brave. Get Ugly. Like... really ugly. Tired, hangry, van stench, no showers, yesterday's mascara type of ugly.
7. Be seen. Stay safe. Create jealousy amongst the other teams with your Lightning Layers. O reflective styles > everything else. #facts #notsorry
8. Wear Snap and Spandos to intimidate the competition. Can't explain this one... but 60% of the time, it works every time.
9. TRY and run it in with your captain who just slayed an 8mi leg in 6:45 pace.
10. Celebrate your collective #womanup-ness.
Boom. That's how you win. You're welcome.
#PodiumProject is in full swing. 1 down, 5 to go! Follow along on twitter @oiselle_podium for all the fun!