8 Ways to Keep the Run Love Alive
- Run with friends. Meeting someone for a run keeps you accountable and helps the time fly by!
- Look good, feel good. When I need help getting out the door I buy myself a new outfit I can’t wait to strut through the roads in!
- Put a race on your calendar! No matter if I’m just getting back into shape or preparing for my next big marathon, having a road race on the horizon helps keep me motivated and can be a great way to get in an extra good workout (during the race).
- Get involved in something bigger than yourself - join a club or run for a charity. Sometimes as runners we get wrapped into the selfish side of the sport and focusing on what is best for our individual needs, but the times I’ve run the best I’ve run for more than myself.
- Go for a run in a new place. I won’t deny that I usually get into a routine of certain routes I like for particular workouts, but if you’re in a rut, try a new trail, run the hilly road you usually avoid. The mind and legs need diversity.
- Enjoy the journey, not only the results. I’ve been working on controlling what I can and letting the rest go. Unfortunately, the result is something we are not in complete control of (weather, sickness, injury).
- Set goals and crush them! I write my goals somewhere I can see them everyday so when the going gets tough I’m reminded what I’m working for.
- Mix it up! Do a Mud Run, a Triathlon, or a Spartan race. No one said you have to just run, be courageous and try something new!
Training - Run
Creative inspiration can come from anywhere, even in the apparel industry. So when it came time to design a new collection with Kara Goucher and her inspiration was coming from a Yellowstone inspired/country ranch lifestyle direction, our design team said, "Giddy up!"
The word “freedom” feels like a lie. This seductive idea of saying what we want, doing what we want, without a clear tie to consequences for ourselves or others. We need a new vocabulary.
The best designs come from collaborations with a strong purpose, clear vision and a meaningful story. So when the time came for Oiselle Lead Designer Kami to sit down with Alison Mariella Désir to design her second collection with us, everyone new it was gonna be FIRE before the first sketch hit paper.