Staff Accountant Job
Who we are
Oiselle is a by women, for women athletic apparel company based in Seattle. We design and curate our product line that is available on Oiselle.com, at our Flagship Store, and through more than 150 retailers across the country, including Fleet Feet stores, Title Nine, and REI.
We are an ambitious, fun, and creative team with a deep commitment to our mission: to design great product, build the sisterhood, and improve the sport. In addition to being passionate about apparel design, we love our community. The Volée team, our running community, represents the best of what sport has to offer: connection and inclusion -- for women of all ages, paces, and backgrounds.
Who we want
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team! Our open-office is located in Magnuson Park, and we are a fun, motivated, and can-do/will-do bunch. This hands-on position is responsible for supporting the sales, operations and accounting team.
This position requires interaction with our vendors, our wholesale customers and our warehouse as well as the rest of the team. The successful candidate will be friendly and outgoing, be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be comfortable in a fast-growing environment. Accuracy and attention to detail is very important, as is a self-motivated, solution-oriented mindset and comfort in dealing with the challenges that come with a growing business in need of an infrastructure to support it. We appreciate work life balance but our workload tends to be seasonal so some periods of the year can be very busy.
Ideally the candidate will have an understanding and appreciation of fashion and athletics as both are key to who we are and our product values. All creative and design cultures rely on counterparts to keep us grounded by bringing their operational and financial skills and experience. Might that be YOU?
In this role, you will:
- Record Accounts Payable, matching PO’s to receivers, propose check runs, complete approved check runs (twice monthly).
- Create Wholesale customer invoices, apply payments.
- Prepare Payroll (twice monthy) for hourly and salaried employees.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts and prepare associated adjusting entries.
- Research unusual variances and participate in monthly analysis of financial results as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of local and state sales tax returns.
- Collaborate with functional area leaders and program management teams as needed.
- Maintain financial accounting principles, practices, and records and ensure compliance with controls.
- Participate in finance and accounting projects including implementations of accounting software systems.
- Excel proficient
- Recommend changes to policies or procedures to improve efficiency or financial performance.
- Take on other tasks as needed that leverage your creativity and analytical prowess to help fuel our growth.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in a staff accounting staff role required.
- Two- or four-year accounting degree preferred.
- An appetite and a curiosity for lifelong learning, teaching and being teachable
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through, customer oriented, a trustworthy and reliable team player, can-do/will-do attitude and a dedicated, joyful and professional work ethic.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, tailoring appropriately to the audience - both internal and external.
- Highly self-motivated team player that enjoys working in an open, fast-paced, lighthearted environment.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent follow through, time management and ability to multitask and re-prioritize when asked.
- Excel proficient, with excellent general analytical skills.
If this position piques your interest and aligns with your professional skills and career stage, please send a resume and a friendly greeting to firstname.lastname@example.org with STAFF ACCOUNTANT in the subject line. Thank you!
To learn more about Oiselle, please visit www.oiselle.com