What is Birdcamp?
Birdcamp is the ultimate women's summer camp! With activities ranging from running and canoeing, to dance parties, inner tubing, and yoga, Camp IHC has every activity imaginable. Plus, did we mention the fabulous food? This will be a weekend to remember, filled with opportunities to connect and build relationships with the Volée community. In addition to the Volée, Oiselle’s athlete team will also be in attendance - Lauren and Jenna, to name a couple as well as many Oiselle staff members. And, beginning this year, Volée members are invited to bring a friend to introduce them to what Birdcamp is all about. Birdcamp will be one giant gathering of women who love to connect, move, learn, and hang out together!
Who can attend Birdcamp?
Anyone and everyone!
When is Birdcamp?
Birdcamp starts on Friday, September 27th, 2024 and wraps up by midday on Monday, September 30th, 2024.
Where is Birdcamp?
Birdcamp takes place at Camp IHC, an uber swanky summer camp in Equinunk, Pennsylvania. Camp IHC is located approximately 60 mins from Scranton, PA and 2.5 hours from New York City. (The camp site and overall experience is reminiscent of the movie “Parent Trap” - but better!)
How much does Birdcamp cost?
There are different payment and room options to suit your needs!
If paying in full for a bunk room:
- Register before January 1st for early bird pricing: $1200.00 + applicable taxes
Payment plan option is 3 payments of equal installments:
- Payment 1: Payment withdrawn at time of purchase
- Payment 2: Payment withdrawn six weeks later
- Payment 3: Payment withdrawn six weeks after second payment
Payments option available for bunk rooms only. If paying in 3 payments, payments must be processed by the due date or the camper forfeits their deposit and their registration is canceled.
*All payments are final and non-refundable. New for this year, registrations ARE transferable if you are unable to attend. If you need to transfer your registration, it is 100% your responsibility to manage the financial side for payment exchange between the two individuals. If you need to transfer your registration after swag bag items have been ordered, the recipient will receive your order as placed by you. The recipient is welcome to find someone willing to exchange items with, but Oiselle will not facilitate this process.
Promo codes cannot be applied to Birdcamp registration fees.
Everything is included, from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave!
- Bunking accommodations: Bunk Room, Semi-Private Queen Room, or Private Queen Room
- Blankets, sheets, pillow, pillowcase, bath and beach towels
- All meals from Thursday night dinner to Sunday lunch. This includes a happy hour and plenty of snacks along the way. (Did we say the food is AMAZING? No Dino-nuggets on this weekend’s menu!)
- An AMAZING swag bag! More details to come, but trust us when we say it will be EPIC!
- Once at camp, you won’t need to spend any additional money, unless you choose to at the Oiselle Pop-up Shop! (We hope to bring some sneak peeks of Fall 24 for campers to get first grabs!)
- Baggage transport from drop-off to your cabin or suite by the enthusiastic camp staff of CAMP IHC who will be our hosts & hostesses over the duration of our time. They come from all over the world which makes it such fun to share stories of culture and life experiences, in addition to hearing what their experience is like spending the summer with campers in Equinunk.
What is not included in my camper registration fee?
Transportation to and from camp is not included. You are responsible for getting yourself to camp and back home.
Will there be transportation arranged to and from airports?
Yes! Stay tuned for exact details, but we plan on arranging shuttles. Shuttles are not included in your camp registration fee. Exact details and fees will be coming once we have a sense of how many campers will be coming and from where.
Can I drive directly to camp?
Yes! There is plenty of parking on-site and you are welcome to park your vehicle for the duration of the weekend.
- Bunk style twin beds with a deluxe sleeping pad. Blankets, sheets, pillow, pillowcase, bath and beach towels are provided. If you run cold, you might want to bring an extra light blanket or wear your Yeti.
- A shared bathroom with two toilet stalls, two showers, two sinks and lots of cubbies for storage of personal items.
- Cabins are not insulated, but each has a ceiling fan to keep the air circulating and comfortable.
- There are outlets to charge your phone and running watch.
Will I get to choose who is in my cabin?
While we encourage you to make many new friends, we know that coming to camp and meeting new people can be a little scary. After registration, you will have the opportunity to choose one other camper as your “Cabin Buddy.” If they choose you too, we’ll do our very best to make sure you are both in the same cabin. You’ll have the security of knowing one person, but still have the opportunity to meet new people!
- You will have the opportunity to run (or not to run) up to twice daily. Walkers are welcome too!
- There will be a supported long run on Sunday morning with hydration and nutrition aid stations. And lots of cheering!
- Options between trail and road running ("road" runs cover dirt, gravel, and paved terrain).
- Ropes course
- Waterfront activities (a huge waterside, water trampoline, inner tubing, stand-up paddle board, kayaking & canoeing, beach volleyball)
- Access to fully equipped gyms, a spin studio, and a lap pool
- Design Sessions with the design team
- Yoga & Meditation sessions
- Trail running clinic
- Strength training sessions
- Dance class
- Sessions for Masters and Mother runners
- If there’s a topic or session you’re interested in, please share at email@example.com
- And the most epic fashion show and dance party ever!
How will I sign up for sessions?
Once you've registered for camp, please join our Volée app and find the Birdcamp 2024 space. We will be posting all udates here - including clas descriptions and signup instructions!
I’ve got dietary restrictions, what will meals be like? Will I have enough to eat?
After registration, you will complete a camp questionnaire that will allow you to provide information about dietary restrictions. The camp will provide vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options at every meal. If you have a specific allergy, please let us know and we’ll make sure to let the camp staff know. They are pros at accommodating all dietary restrictions!
One question that’s been asked by a few campers: “Will those potatoes be there this year?” The answer: “Hell YES!”
Can I bring food with me?
You should have plenty provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own snacks if you like! (Food should be stored in sealed containers. Ask Sally about what happens when a bag of open chips rests neatly in your partially open backpack….)
There is also a fridge on site where you can store items that need refrigeration. (Priority will be given to those needing to refrigerate breast milk or medication)
Is there a place for nursing mothers to pump and store breastmilk?
Yes, we will have a comfortable location for mothers to pump as well as a designated refrigerator to store breastmilk.
Are all paces actually welcome?
Yes! ALL paces are welcome; no bird will be left behind. We’ll have run leaders and sweepers on each run as well as vehicles on the long run route to monitor, restock supplies, and pick up anyone who may need it. For those who get lost on the long run…there will be someone waiting to make sure everyone who went out is accounted for no matter how long … runners and walkers included. (Spoken by someone who did both.)
The registration fee is nonrefundable and I’m worried I might get injured between now and August!
We like to believe that you won’t get injured, but if you do please come to camp anyway! Birdcamp is about so much more than running, and to be honest, that is probably what you will spend the least amount of time doing. The weekend will include so many options for movement including swimming, kayaking, SUPing, cycling, yoga, etc. You can even just spend your weekend resting, rehabbing, supporting teammates and getting support from teammates.
Will I have the chance to purchase or check out any new Oiselle items?
Yes! Our store team will be bringing their magic Birdcamp. There will be lots to try on and purchase! This year we will bring some brand new items so you get to be the FIRST to choose.
I am new to the Volée and I don’t have much Oiselle clothing, can I still come?
Yes! Birdcamp is about so much more than clothes. Feel free to bring the clothing you love, that makes you feel comfortable, happy and ready to roll.
What should I pack?
We’ll provide a recommended packing list as camp approaches – stay tuned!
Do I need to bring linens and towels?
No, you don’t need to bring linens and towels. Blankets, sheets, pillow, pillowcase, bath and beach towels will be provided!
Will there be cell signal and WIFI?
Yes… and no. Cell signal will be limited and carrier dependent. There is WIFI at camp, which you will have access to. The closer you are to the dining hall, the better it works. If you need access to a landline for emergencies, there will be one available to you.