Volée Team Leader
Title: Volée Team Leader
Reports to: Director of Corporate Development
Location: Seattle, WA
Who We Are:
Oiselle is a by women, for women athletic apparel company based in Seattle. Our product line is available on oiselle.com, at our Flagship Store, and through more than 150 retailers across the country, including Fleet Feet stores, Title Nine, and REI.
We are an ambitious, fun, and creative team with a deep commitment to our mission: build the sisterhood, improve the sport, and design great product. In addition to being passionate about apparel design, we love our community. The Volée team, specifically, represents the best of what sport has to offer: connection and inclusion - for women of all ages, paces, and backgrounds.
Who We Want:
Do you love running? Consider yourself a community builder and connector? Groove on details and spreadsheets but also like being in the outdoors and meeting new people? Feel optimistic and hopeful most of the time? Like learning new skills and traveling? This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for you!
• Believe in and want to champion Oiselle's mission and purpose, and understand the Volée community as a critical part of our DNA.
• A love for running and sharing that love with others, regardless of their current stage with the sport and in life.
• A natural "connector" who can authentically and pragmatically inspire, facilitate, and nurture the development of organic, positive relationships among a diverse group of Volée - leaders and members; past, present and future.
• Skilled communicator (verbal and written), demonstrating the ability to balance solid listening skills, patience, kindness, and high emotional intelligence.
• An appetite for lifelong learning, teaching and being teachable.
• A high tolerance and sense of flexibility to both drive and adjust to a high pace of change and tactical execution with a positive, can-do attitude (while also being courageous to hand-raise when it seems a bit too much).
• Leadership that can inspire, motivate, and deliver on commitments to our Volée members, Nest, and Oiselle customers.
• An enjoyment for travel, being the face of Oiselle in our communities nationwide, and sharing those experiences through savvy & relevant social media techniques.
In This Role, You Will:
• Act as a community leader for the Volée, which includes selecting and communicating regularly with the Volée Leaders. Interact team-wide through monthly email communications, newsletters and blog posts; plan Volée team-wide meetups (possibly including a team-wide camp), and assist Volée Leaders with planning their local meetups.
• Travel to major team meet-ups, bringing Oiselle culture, enthusiasm and kindness to all events. You are the face of our brand and community!
• Manage the Volée Community Platform as Platform Administrator, curating site-wide content, overseeing features and functionality as the team engages with the platform and identifying user experience enhancements.
• Partner with Director of Corporate Development, IT Partner and Director of E-Commerce in identifying team-related oiselle.com website enhancements and navigation strategies. Will play a key role in use case development and testing of IT development output.
• Curate, facilitate and write content for the Oiselle blog featuring Volée, and for other Oiselle marketing communications. Content may include monthly marketing campaigns, HV insights to share with team, "motivational Monday" messages, etc. Interactive community and proprietary content is a critical part of Volée membership, and this position gets to be the source and facilitator!
• Interface frequently with Haute Volée athletes and other Oiselle community members and also collaborate on community building ideas with existing Volée and Volée Leaders.
• Manage Volée quarterly new member enrollment and renewals, ensuring that enrollment details are complete and accurate with expiring and new memberships.
• Manage [email protected] for membership support, and partner closely with Customer Care team to ensure seamless Volée membership experience and sales transactional experience - consistent brand and customer service voice, policies, and practices of the Oiselle brand.
• Light research and reporting on Volée to Oiselle, including member satisfaction and product feedback presented in a strategic unbiased manner for the design and product development team.
• Collaborate on long-term planning of the Volée program as it evolves, grows, and becomes more inclusive, striking an effective balance of meaningful, sustainable growth as a community experience, and as a sound business differentiator for Oiselle.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated experience in a leadership capability over a large, diverse multi-location community group. Preferably a current Volée member, or very knowledgeable about the Volée team.
• Excellent communicator and writer, demonstrating the ability to balance solid listening skills, helping shepherd a diverse audience and at times, messy process in a collaborative and clear manner, to the finish line.
• Awesome team player - knows when to coach, when to follow, when to perform, when to cowbell, while remaining focused on the ultimate end result for the good of Oiselle and Volée.
• Excellent attention to detail and follow-through for a dynamic set of tasks and responsibilities, that can range from strategic program development to tactical execution within Volée and in collaboration with broader marketing initiatives.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment that is passionate, driven, creative and committed to making a significant positive difference in the world.
• Relevant experience in working for a fast-growth consumer start-up.
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple types of tasks which may change frequently.
• BA / BS required, social media fluency (Twitter, Instagram, Strava, FB, Spotify), html coding and Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator experience a plus.
• Excel proficient, with excellent general analytical skills.
• This position is located in Seattle, WA
If you are interested in this position, please send your résumé and a friendly greeting to [email protected]