Technical Designer (Part Time)
Title: Technical Designer (Part Time)
Reports to: Lead Designer
Location: Seattle, WA
Who We Are:
Oiselle is a by women, for women athletic apparel company based in Seattle. Our product line is available on oiselle.com, at our Flagship Store, and through more than 150 retailers across the country, including REI and Title Nine.
We are an ambitious, fun, and creative team with a deep commitment to our mission: build the sisterhood, improve the sport, and design great product that performs for sport and life. In addition to being passionate about apparel design, we love our community. In a crowded marketplace, we aspire to bring our leading designs to meet the athletic needs and desires or our customer in game-changing ways!
Who We Want:
We are seeking an individual to join our team as a Technical Designer, on a part-time basis. We want someone who is genuinely excited and enthusiastic about athletic apparel design, and who is eager to apply their creative and technical design skills. They should have an exceptionally strong eye for detail, a passion and love for making fit dreams come true, as fit and function are at the soul of what differentiates our product. As a member of a small, closely-knit creative team, humble confidence, empathy, honesty, communication, and camaraderie are critical attributes.
In This Role, You Will:
• Collaborate with cross-departmental and external partners to ensure outcomes align with design intent and brand requirements, and deliver to agreed upon timelines.
• Work with design team to develop tech packs for assigned styles.
• Measure samples and document all measurements and styling/construction differences based off of tech pack.
• Run a fit session with multiple designers or attendees.
• Identify, improve, correct and relay fit issues through written comments and illustrations to overseas factories where English is a second language.
• Manage product development through each aspect of fit & development
• Create & update tech packs and BOM's.
• Create final graded specs based off each individual style's properties.
• Review patterns and comment as needed.
• Maintain new proto sample log in & preparation (checking matrix, pulling and reviewing technical packages)
• Manage incoming packages for the department, log and distribute accordingly.
• Prepare TOP samples to our E-commerce division for photoshoots.
• Track and maintain all fit samples.
• Other duties as assigned by management when needed.
Key Attributes, Required Skills, and Experience:
• 4+ years of experience in Technical Design in apparel design or related field.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal team and with domestic & international manufacturing partners.
• Athletic apparel fitting experience preferred.
• An obsessive love for and deep grasp of the details and importance of timely, accurate follow-through, as details make products unique and helps a brand stand out amongst competitors.
• Solid command and comfort using Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, and Gmail suite products.
• A self-starter who is motivated to take the initiative to be helpful as a go-to teammate who brings out the best of the entire group.
• Contributes and helps build a positive cultural vibe - work smart, have fun.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple requests, and seek direction when needed and before things get bogged down.
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, jitterbug/tango vs. a steady waltz environment.
• An enthusiasm for running and knowledge of Oiselle brand and product is a plus.
• This position is located in Seattle, WA
If you are interested in this position, please send your résumé and a friendly greeting to [email protected]