How to care for your Sports Bras
Support your support system! Your sports bras are an essential part of your active life. It’s the piece of gear that gets you going, and keeps you comfortable, all workout long. And when you care for it properly, it will last longer and function better.
The most common problem related to sports bras is chafing, and is most frequently caused by a sports bra that hasn’t been cared for properly, and so its overall life span is less. Avoid the chafe! And get the most out of your sports bra investment.
- Put your sports bras in a mesh wash bag
- Wash on a gentle cycle with like colors
- Use the dryer if necessary, but avoid fabric softener
- If you can avoid the dryer, lay flat or line dry
Hand washing can extend the life of your bras:
- Fill your sink with mild detergent and warm water
- Submerge your bras, swirl gently
- Let soak for 15 minutes
- Gently swish each bra to get dirt out
- Rinse and gently squeeze (but don’t wring)
- Roll your bras up in a towel and press
- Lay flat or line dry
How to tell if your sports bra needs to be replaced
- Chafing and skin irritation (at the chest band, arm holes, etc)
- Lack of stretch or ‘bounce back’
- Fabric pilling or broken hardware
- If your sports bras get a lot of use, a good rule of thumb is to replace them after one year
Not sure which sports bra is right for you? Take our Sports Bra Quiz or email us at email@example.com, we’re here to help get you fitted!