FIT & TECHNICAL DESIGNER
POSITION: Fit & Technical Designer
REPORTS TO: Lead Designer
WHO WE ARE
Oiselle is a by women, for women athletic apparel company based in Seattle. Our product line is available on oiselle.com, at our Flagship Store, and through more than 150 retailers across the country, including REI and Title Nine.
We are an ambitious, fun, and creative team with a deep commitment to our mission: build the sisterhood, improve the sport, and design great product that performs for sport and life. In addition to being passionate about apparel design, we love our community. In a crowded market place, we aspire to bring our leading designs to meet the athletic needs and desires of our customer in game-changing ways!
WHO WE WANT
We are seeking an individual to join our team as a Technical Designer, full-time. We want someone who is genuinely excited and enthusiastic about athletic apparel design, and who is eager to apply their creative and technical design skills. They should have an exceptionally strong eye for detail, a passion and love for making fit dreams come true, as fit and function are at the soul of differentiates our product. As a member of a small, closely-knit creative team, humble confidence, empathy, honesty, communication, and camaraderie are critical attributes.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Collaborate with cross-departmental and external partners to ensure outcomes align with design intent and brand requirements, and deliver to agreed upon timelines.
- Work with design team to develop tech packs for assigned styles.
- Run a fit session with multiple designers or attendees.
- Ensures execution of fit intent and fit consistency through clear analysis, documentation, communication, adherence to fit standards, and use of block patterns.
- Identify fit intent, aesthetic and silhouette, create new blocks, leveraging existing blocks and the production styles.
- Responsible for creating fit blocks to maintain consistency, monitoring factory utilization of blocks.
- Leads fittings and modifies/communicates pattern changes to factories, provides measurement specifications, communicates any fit/potential production issues to cross-functional team members.
- Compare factory patterns against blocks for fit consistency and analyze grade to follow spec standards and adjust for style constraint.
- Measure samples and document all measurements and styling/construction differences based off of tech pack.
- Identify, improve, correct and relay fit issues through written comments and illustrations to overseas factories where English is a second language.
- Manage product development through each aspect of fit & development.
- Create & update tech packs and BOM's.
- Create final graded specs based off each individual style's properties.
- Maintain new proto sample log in & preparation (checking matrix, pulling and reviewing technical packages)
- Manage incoming packages for the department, log and distribute accordingly.
- Prepare TOP samples to our E-commerce division for photoshoots.
- Track and maintain all fit samples.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management when needed.
KEY ATTRIBUTES, REQUIRED SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of experience in Technical Design and pattern making in apparel design or related field.
- Competent fit, pattern making, garment construction and grading skills.
- Athletic apparel fitting experience preferred as well as tailoring and extended sizing fit expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal team and with domestic & international manufacturing partners.
- An obsessive love for and deep grasp of the details and importance of timely, accurate follow-through, as details make products unique and helps a brand stand out amongst competitors.
- Solid command and comfort using Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, and Gmail suite products.
- A self-starter who is motivated to take the initiative to be helpful as a go-to team mate who brings the best out of the whole group.
- Contributes and helps build a positive cultural vibe – work smart, have fun.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple requests, and seek direction when needed and before things get bogged down.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, jitterbug/tango vs. a steady waltz environment.
- An enthusiasm for running and knowledge of Oiselle brand and product is a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and a friendly greeting to firstname.lastname@example.org.