- WOW! by Anne
- When I first put these on, the first words out of my mouth may have been something cheesy like "OH MY, BIRD." I haven't had a chance to take them for a long run yet, but a short time trying them out has me sold. They feel like running in silk, compared to the plastic feeling of some other standard run shorts. Despite feeling comfortable enough to sleep in, the lining, pockets (shorts with ZIPPERS folks), and waistband all seem sturdy and functional enough to last for miles and miles. I am 5'9" and wear a medium in most items, this is true to size. (Posted on 10/7/14)
- Some of the best shorts I've ever had! by Liz
- I ran my first marathon in 2006 and have completed 20 since then. So, I know a thing or two about running shorts. It's difficult to find a pair that fits just right, doesn't ride up no matter how sweaty, and let's be honest, completes your running outfit. My favorite pair of shorts has been a now 9-year old Asics pair, and I know it, that's just gross to have running shorts for that kind of duration and miles. However, I have never found a pair that is quite like them... Until I ran in the Oiselle Distance Shorts. They never bunched while running, the length was perfect, and they convinced me to finally let that ancient pair of Asics shorts rest in peace. Now, my dilemma is what other color to purchase. My one complaint is that the new look of the Distance Shorts, in the dark blue color especially, look too much like Air Force PT shorts. Wish there were more small sizes still available in the old style! (Posted on 10/1/14)
- My long run BFF by Katie
I love these shorts! They are worth every penny and are high quality so you won't be replacing them any time soon. I love the pockets on this short. Great for packing several gels when you don't feel like putting on the fuel belt. They keep me cool and dry quickly. I got an XS and the size fits great. I am 5'3 and 116 lbs. The length is flattering without riding up and showing off too much!
Thanks Oiselle!! (Posted on 9/30/14)
- LOVE THESE please restock!!! by clarisleigh
- I love these shorts so much! They are so comfortable, the pockets are perfect, and I can't stop wearing them. I was always stuck on Nike but I think these are my new favorites. I ordered my first pair from amazon because the oilselle website didn't have a small. I could only find the black distance short in a small but would love to buy more colors. Will they be back in stock soon? (Posted on 7/23/14)
- love these shorts but out of stock by Hannah
I have this short in black and absolutely love it! I would love to order this short in the other colors but everytime I look "small" is out of stock...anywhere else I can check? Again, these shorts are my favorite!
(Posted on 7/16/14)
- Great shorts by Pterodactyl
- These shorts are amazing! I have worn them for 5Ks all the way up to 50 milers and they are my go-to shorts for training runs. They are very light and the zipper pockets are fantastic. The pockets are great for gels, electrolyte snacks, and energy bars. I have had issues with chaffing on longer runs near the pockets and inner thigh, but to be fair I probably should have applied an anti-chafe cream as necessary. For sizing reference, I am 5'8", 120lbs, and the XS fits well. (Posted on 5/26/14)
- Passed the test! by Runner mama
- I put the distance shorts to the TEST this weekend. Trail and road...Passed with flying colours! Love, love, LOVE! Spring green is super fun and looks sweet with indigo flyte tops! (Posted on 5/20/14)
- I'll second that by Tumblina
I've been wearing these for my long runs as I train for my next half-marathon. They were wonderful right up to the 10 mile run. At 10 miles I started getting chafing on my lower back .
Size-wise, I'm right on the small-medium border for Oiselle. I wear medium rogas and lesley tights, but small stride shorts and flow tights. I bought these shorts in medium and wonder if size small would solve the chafing problem. (Posted on 5/18/14)
- Almost perfect by Jill
- I really love wearing these for long runs, but I get chafing on my lower back when I run over 10 miles in them due to the stitching there. (I have more than one pair, and it happens with all of them.) Tried Body Glide but it still doesn't solve the problem 100%. Grrr! (Posted on 5/13/14)
- Love! by Erin
- I usually have trouble with running shorts because my legs are long and a lot of shorts flare out, but these are perfect. Nice wide leg so they don't get in the way, and just the right length. Love! (Posted on 5/7/14)