Items 1 to 10 of 14 total
- New love! by BJM
- Like many other reviewers, I bought these as an alternative to the Lululemon Speed Short (my previous fave running shorts). After reading reviews, I was worried they might be too short and leg-skimming, but they are in fact PERFECT. The inseam is only 0.25" shorter but as a result, my fiance thought they were a hot improvement to my "baggy" lulus. Tested them on a 5-mile run on a staggeringly humid day -- where the lulus would have stuck slightly to my thighs and inhibited movement, the mac rogas were perfect (esp because I will never run in full-on spandex). Yes they are short but the brief offers full coverage! For reference I am 5'2" and 113 lbs, size 4 in lulu shorts, ordered an XS. (Posted on 9/8/14)
- Ignore the size chart by Mer
These shorts are pretty great once you find the right size. Finding the right size, however, is a chore. The sizing of these shorts bears no resemblance to the size chart. My hips measure 37" (small per the size chart) and my waist 28" (medium). Since these shorts have a low rise, I originally ordered a small. The small was so tight around my butt and hips that it made the shorts ride up to the point that they were unwearable. Meanwhile, the waist fit perfectly, in contradiction to what my measurements predicted from the size chart.
Take two, size medium. The fit was ok once I used the drawstring to cinch up the waist.
What's really outstanding about these shorts is the fabric. It doesn't cling to the skin or show sweat excessively, even when drenched (I live in Georgia, so mine get plenty drenched). So while the fit could be improved, and a pocket or two added to the waistband (ideally to fit an iPhone!!), it's a pretty great pair of shorts. These minor tweaks would make the Mac Roga the holy grail of running shorts. :) (Posted on 9/6/14)
- So close by Stephanie
In a nutshell, I'll wear these for shorter runs, but not long ones.
I wear the size 4 Lululemon Speed Short and have 2 pairs of the Mac Roga in XS. If my tan lines are to be believed, the Mac Roga is an inch or so shorter than the Speed Short, which is not a problem when you're 5'. Biggest reasons why these are not necessarily my go-to shorts: (1) the leg holes in the liner seem a little too small/snug. Granted, maybe it would be different if I tried the S rather than XS. (2) the draw string ends are melted off/unfinished. This means that if you tuck them in to your shorts, they are pressing against your skin, and scratchy. Or, you can leave them untucked, and they are flying around outside your shorts. Meh. (3) I have a preference for my rear pocket to be in the center, rather than the right as they are on these shorts. It took me several wears to realize there was a pocket in the liner, on the front right side. It's pretty deep in there and I haven't used it yet. I prefer something more accessible, rather than having to dig that deep for fuel. (Posted on 9/4/14)
- Like, but the sizing is frustrating by Robyn
- For reference, I wear a small in Nike shorts and a 4 in Lulu shorts and I find the small in these shorts a bit tight on my quads in an unflattering way. I like the material, but think the pocket should be in the waistband on the lower back. I feel a medium may fit my butt/quads better, but a small is the perfect waistband fit. I also notice and dislike that the edge of the shorts tends to roll up when I run. (Posted on 8/27/14)
- Love these shorts by Scooter
- I am in love with these shorts. The length is perfect. The inner brief covers my butt and stays in place. The material is stretchy and comfortable. I will agree with a previous post that the waistband of the first Mac Rogas is not very stretchy, but Oiselle was paying attention. The waistband of the new color (flame pink) is soft and stretchy. My only complaint is that I seem to be between sizes: small is a bit snug for my comfort but I need to cinch the mediums. Not at all a deal-breaker though. Keep up the great work, Oiselle! (Posted on 8/8/14)
- My holy grail of running shorts by Runsc
- I've tried every running brand of shorts and none of them were the 'YASSSSS' that I had the first time I put a pair of the Mac Rogas on. For reference, that first time I wore them? It was a 40 mile ultra race. Talk about a test run! I now own 3 pairs (with two more pairs on the way soon) and I only reluctantly wear any other shorts if all my Macs are in the wash. (Posted on 7/28/14)
- LOVE by cindi
I now think the Mac Rogas are my new fave. (Over the Roga.) The stretchy fabric, and the extra length in the back, covers my rear, and is flattering.
Thanks Oiselle for making the best, cute, functional clothes, and supporting the runner in all of us, no matter our size. I personally like to support USA companies, and Oiselle is the #1 on my list. (Posted on 7/12/14)
- Close, but no cigar by Tumblina
- I added these to an order out of curiosity. I love my rogas and long rogas, so figured I'd try these as well. I was worried that my approaching-40-tuckus would hang a little low for these, but no, all was covered... until I did a little down-dog just to see (you never know where your rogas will take you!) at which point the shorts became a teeny bit shorter than the liner. Really not a big deal as I try to remain upright on my runs. At the end of the day, these shorts just cut me off in the wrong place (widest part of my thigh). My response when I looked in the mirror was a shoulder shrug. Not bad, but I'd rather have another pair of the regular rogas. Back they go... (Posted on 6/27/14)
- Like them, but wish I could love them by Jennie
So I like these shorts, but I wish I could love them-- like other reviewers, I was hoping that these would replace my Lululemon speed shorts as my go-to running shorts. I ordered a small (my typical Oiselle size), and while the shorts have a great fit in the waistband and are great for running errands in, I found them to not quite have enough stretch in the actual shorts material, and it feels a little constrictive for running. I also have a pair in the medium size, for which there is enough stretch, but the waistband is a little on the loose side. I'm running in the medium size shorts, and using the small sized ones for day/casual wear.
Again, I really want to love these, and there's a lot to like-- esp for someone who is 5'2!-- but I wish the material was a little stretchier for the small shorts :) (Posted on 6/23/14)
- Almost perfect by JS
- Like a previous reviewer, I was seeking a replacement for the Lululemon Speed Short, which fits great, but shows every drop of sweat in the most undesirable way. The Mac Roga has a great fit and even Fresh Green looks fresh even after a sweaty wet run. My only complaint is the fabric is a bit stiff. I would love it if they felt more like the Distance shorts. Otherwise, a great piece! Keep the great colors coming! (Posted on 6/9/14)