Items 1 to 10 of 17 total
- Needs to figure out sizing then perfect! by Nikki G.
Here is the thing....I ordered my usual size small that I wear in most shorts. the waistband was PERFECT! But the fit on butt and quads made the shorts look like spandex on me :( I am 5'4" and 125 lbs, I guess you could say I have muscular legs from crossfit but I was dissapointed so I exchanged them for a medium. The medium now fit perfect in my butt and legs but the waistband was just too big. I had to cinch the tie the tightest it would go! Which bugged me to keep untying it every time I had to take them off or go to the bathroom. If Oiselle could please please PLEASE get the waistband and the sizing in the legs/butt to correlate these would BECOME THE PERFECT SHORTS!!!! Until then I had to return them all together. I was so bummed because I wanted to love these so much! I was looking for a short that I could use at crossfit and running and these fit the bill perfectly. Maybe next time Oiselle.
I noticed other reviewers had similar thoughts on that aspect too. (Posted on 10/7/14)
- really like them! by Anne
- Wow these are definitely short! If you are looking for a short-short that is still cute, functional for running, but not a bun-hugger, these are it. They should probably not be used for the "yoga" part of the name, because when I bent over to stretch the liner was definitely showing past the short. I wore these on a chilly night when I got them with a long sleeve shirt up top, and it was a great combo that made me feel speedy. Nice work, Sarah Mac. (Posted on 10/7/14)
- love love love by Stephanie
I'm 5'2, 110 lbs, I'm between a 2 and 4 in lulu speeds. A Small looks best and fits best for me. I can fit into an XS but I get the whiskering effect in the front. I was worried about the liner being annoying because it is a little tight. However, I've ran up to 6 miles in these babies and I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything. I like the length for hot, humid runs. They are a bit revealing so you have to be comfortable showing some leg ;)
One thing that should be changed.... the drawstring ends are SO scratchy. I can't wear them in because it is so itchy but I hate wearing them out because they are bulky. (Posted on 10/2/14)
- New love! by BJM
- Like many other reviewers, I bought these as an alternative to the Lululemon Speed Short (my previous fave running shorts). After reading reviews, I was worried they might be too short and leg-skimming, but they are in fact PERFECT. The inseam is only 0.25" shorter but as a result, my fiance thought they were a hot improvement to my "baggy" lulus. Tested them on a 5-mile run on a staggeringly humid day -- where the lulus would have stuck slightly to my thighs and inhibited movement, the mac rogas were perfect (esp because I will never run in full-on spandex). Yes they are short but the brief offers full coverage! For reference I am 5'2" and 113 lbs, size 4 in lulu shorts, ordered an XS. (Posted on 9/8/14)
- Ignore the size chart by Mer
These shorts are pretty great once you find the right size. Finding the right size, however, is a chore. The sizing of these shorts bears no resemblance to the size chart. My hips measure 37" (small per the size chart) and my waist 28" (medium). Since these shorts have a low rise, I originally ordered a small. The small was so tight around my butt and hips that it made the shorts ride up to the point that they were unwearable. Meanwhile, the waist fit perfectly, in contradiction to what my measurements predicted from the size chart.
Take two, size medium. The fit was ok once I used the drawstring to cinch up the waist.
What's really outstanding about these shorts is the fabric. It doesn't cling to the skin or show sweat excessively, even when drenched (I live in Georgia, so mine get plenty drenched). So while the fit could be improved, and a pocket or two added to the waistband (ideally to fit an iPhone!!), it's a pretty great pair of shorts. These minor tweaks would make the Mac Roga the holy grail of running shorts. :) (Posted on 9/6/14)
- So close by Stephanie
In a nutshell, I'll wear these for shorter runs, but not long ones.
I wear the size 4 Lululemon Speed Short and have 2 pairs of the Mac Roga in XS. If my tan lines are to be believed, the Mac Roga is an inch or so shorter than the Speed Short, which is not a problem when you're 5'. Biggest reasons why these are not necessarily my go-to shorts: (1) the leg holes in the liner seem a little too small/snug. Granted, maybe it would be different if I tried the S rather than XS. (2) the draw string ends are melted off/unfinished. This means that if you tuck them in to your shorts, they are pressing against your skin, and scratchy. Or, you can leave them untucked, and they are flying around outside your shorts. Meh. (3) I have a preference for my rear pocket to be in the center, rather than the right as they are on these shorts. It took me several wears to realize there was a pocket in the liner, on the front right side. It's pretty deep in there and I haven't used it yet. I prefer something more accessible, rather than having to dig that deep for fuel. (Posted on 9/4/14)
- Like, but the sizing is frustrating by Robyn
- For reference, I wear a small in Nike shorts and a 4 in Lulu shorts and I find the small in these shorts a bit tight on my quads in an unflattering way. I like the material, but think the pocket should be in the waistband on the lower back. I feel a medium may fit my butt/quads better, but a small is the perfect waistband fit. I also notice and dislike that the edge of the shorts tends to roll up when I run. (Posted on 8/27/14)
- Love these shorts by Scooter
- I am in love with these shorts. The length is perfect. The inner brief covers my butt and stays in place. The material is stretchy and comfortable. I will agree with a previous post that the waistband of the first Mac Rogas is not very stretchy, but Oiselle was paying attention. The waistband of the new color (flame pink) is soft and stretchy. My only complaint is that I seem to be between sizes: small is a bit snug for my comfort but I need to cinch the mediums. Not at all a deal-breaker though. Keep up the great work, Oiselle! (Posted on 8/8/14)
- My holy grail of running shorts by Runsc
- I've tried every running brand of shorts and none of them were the 'YASSSSS' that I had the first time I put a pair of the Mac Rogas on. For reference, that first time I wore them? It was a 40 mile ultra race. Talk about a test run! I now own 3 pairs (with two more pairs on the way soon) and I only reluctantly wear any other shorts if all my Macs are in the wash. (Posted on 7/28/14)
- LOVE by cindi
I now think the Mac Rogas are my new fave. (Over the Roga.) The stretchy fabric, and the extra length in the back, covers my rear, and is flattering.
Thanks Oiselle for making the best, cute, functional clothes, and supporting the runner in all of us, no matter our size. I personally like to support USA companies, and Oiselle is the #1 on my list. (Posted on 7/12/14)