- Love! by Sara
The Mac Rogas are a go to short for me. The Pop color is amazing! I love the fabric and the cut is extremely flattering. They are comfortable for short and long runs. I do agree that the end of the waist band tie is itchy, but I just leave them out.
I usually wear a small in Oiselle and the size 4 is the same as the previous small in the Mac Roga. I am 5'6" 125# and wear a size 6 is Lululemon speed shorts. (Posted on 4/16/15)
- love em! by NB12
- I just received the punch/midnight colour. I have a size S in the regular rogas and went with a 6 in the macs with the new sizing. They're a little loose in the waist (nothing the drawstring cant fix) but perfect through the thighs. I'm 5'4" 123lbs for reference (Posted on 4/2/15)
- New sizing is perfect! by Dayna
I have an older pair of these in size medium, and while I love them, they are just a touch too big (although not big enough to go down to a small). The new size 6 is perfect, and I think this will solve a lot of sizing issues for those who were in between small and medium before. For the record, I am 5'5", 125lbs, and wear a size 6 in Lulu shorts.
I will also agree with a previous review that the color "Pop" is not yellow as it looks in the picture. It's a bright orange, which I actually like better than the yellow I thought I was getting. Some of the FlyStyle pictures give a more accurate representation of the color. (Posted on 3/19/15)
- POP is NOT yellow by Tamara
- I thought that the pop color was yellow but it's actually orange...I guess it's like that whole debate with the white/gold/blue/black dress, but I swore I was ordering yellow shorts. Anyways, I think I still like them, but if I don't, I will return and get another color. (Posted on 3/12/15)
- Best Shorts! by Emma
- These really are the best shorts! The length is perfect (too short to ride up anywhere), but also covers my bum. I love that the are slightly longer in the back just for that reason. I have had zero issues with chafing and never even notice them on my runs. The fabric is amazing. My waist fits in the small category, but I have muscular legs from weightlifting so I stuck with the advice of other reviewers and got mediums. They are a little big in the high-hip area, but the sizing issue is definitely not a deal breaker. So happy with this purchase that I just ordered another pair! (Posted on 11/29/14)
- Perfect...Please Don't Change A Thing by RunInTheSun
- I am a runner and have quite a few pairs of the Mac Rogas in various colors. I live in these shorts and have not found a short that is superior. The fabric has the perfect amount of stretch and give, and even when soaked does not cling. I'm in love with the length. Allows for great movement and I am completely unaware of the shorts while running. The waistband is awesome! I can actually fold it down to make it an even lower rise on longer runs or speed training and it stays put and looks great! I appreciate the change in fabric of the waistband from the last batch of black and navy shorts to the current stock. It's softer and more forgiving, easier to roll down and feels better against my skin. The waistband on the yellow shorts was a bit thicker as well. Fantastic placement and size of the back zipper pocket and it holds everything I need…key, 2 gels.So happy there is no zipper in the middle of the back waistband, especially since i like to fold the shorts down. I use the interior pocket less but it's a nice feature. The cut of the Mac Roga is amazing! Functional and very flattering. Perfectly proportioned for this body that loves to run :) Thank you for thinking so smartly about runners needs and making the perfect running short. Please don't change a thing and I will be a customer for life. (Posted on 10/31/14)
- Needs to figure out sizing then perfect! by Nikki G.
Here is the thing....I ordered my usual size small that I wear in most shorts. the waistband was PERFECT! But the fit on butt and quads made the shorts look like spandex on me :( I am 5'4" and 125 lbs, I guess you could say I have muscular legs from crossfit but I was dissapointed so I exchanged them for a medium. The medium now fit perfect in my butt and legs but the waistband was just too big. I had to cinch the tie the tightest it would go! Which bugged me to keep untying it every time I had to take them off or go to the bathroom. If Oiselle could please please PLEASE get the waistband and the sizing in the legs/butt to correlate these would BECOME THE PERFECT SHORTS!!!! Until then I had to return them all together. I was so bummed because I wanted to love these so much! I was looking for a short that I could use at crossfit and running and these fit the bill perfectly. Maybe next time Oiselle.
I noticed other reviewers had similar thoughts on that aspect too. (Posted on 10/7/14)
- really like them! by Anne
- Wow these are definitely short! If you are looking for a short-short that is still cute, functional for running, but not a bun-hugger, these are it. They should probably not be used for the "yoga" part of the name, because when I bent over to stretch the liner was definitely showing past the short. I wore these on a chilly night when I got them with a long sleeve shirt up top, and it was a great combo that made me feel speedy. Nice work, Sarah Mac. (Posted on 10/7/14)
- love love love by Stephanie
I'm 5'2, 110 lbs, I'm between a 2 and 4 in lulu speeds. A Small looks best and fits best for me. I can fit into an XS but I get the whiskering effect in the front. I was worried about the liner being annoying because it is a little tight. However, I've ran up to 6 miles in these babies and I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything. I like the length for hot, humid runs. They are a bit revealing so you have to be comfortable showing some leg ;)
One thing that should be changed.... the drawstring ends are SO scratchy. I can't wear them in because it is so itchy but I hate wearing them out because they are bulky. (Posted on 10/2/14)
- New love! by BJM
- Like many other reviewers, I bought these as an alternative to the Lululemon Speed Short (my previous fave running shorts). After reading reviews, I was worried they might be too short and leg-skimming, but they are in fact PERFECT. The inseam is only 0.25" shorter but as a result, my fiance thought they were a hot improvement to my "baggy" lulus. Tested them on a 5-mile run on a staggeringly humid day -- where the lulus would have stuck slightly to my thighs and inhibited movement, the mac rogas were perfect (esp because I will never run in full-on spandex). Yes they are short but the brief offers full coverage! For reference I am 5'2" and 113 lbs, size 4 in lulu shorts, ordered an XS. (Posted on 9/8/14)