Items 1 to 10 of 19 total
- These shorts are ALL THAT! by Wannabrunning
The long rogas were my first Oiselle short purchase. My first time breaking them in was during a half-marathon I was scheduled to run. These shorts were all that and a bag of chips because they were good to me during the entire run. I love the waistband and the fact it has a drawstring. The material is unlike any other material on a short I've worn. It's soft, stretchy and best of all, no riding up. Plus, the shorts have excellent wicking abilities. I was drenched in sweat, but you could not tell with the shorts. The pockets are an added bonus. I'm going to try different lengths, but ROGAS are my holy grail of running shorts.
For reference, I'm 5'4" and weigh 130lbs. (Posted on 8/18/14)
- Finally found the perfect shorts by Tracy
- I have been looking for running shorts that do not ride up or chafe for a *long* time. I have finally found them! They are the perfect fit for muscular thighs - not too loose and baggy nor sausage-casing tight. The fabric is light for those hot sweaty runs and the liner fabric is breathable. I like the yoga waistband but I take the string out. Please don't change a thing about these shorts (changing the pocket is fine) and please make them in more colours! (Posted on 7/27/14)
- Comfy-ish by Ultra Runnerette
good length in the legs, but it needs a higher rise. BADLY.
I usually chafe on my longer runs in shorts and desperately wanted shorts I could wear that protected by tender inner-thighs. Usually confined to compression-y, spandex-y, capris that slowly strangle the life from my legs, I read the reviews on the long roga and thought, "SWEET. best of both worlds!"
yes and no.
the legs are long enough to protect my thighs, but the waist band sits so low!
When I pull it up to a comfortable level on my hips, I get the front-wedgie/camel toe from hell.
When I fix that, the band is so low it feels like it's falling off of me!
It DOES kinda fall off me. I keep needing to readjust.
If you like low waist bands, great. But it doesn't make me feel very secure at all.
Also, while it's not too crazy for me, at least.
I would reccomend going up a size when you order.
I'm usually a size 10 or 12 depending on what I'm buying (8 if vanity), which was right between the medium and large sizes according to the oiselle size index. I went with a large, and I kinda wish I went with an XL....
Someone else likened these to leg and butt cling wrap and I must concur.
I like them, but I don't wear them for any run over 20 miles.
Too. Much. Fuss. (Posted on 7/26/14)
- Perfect length, but annoying pocket placement by Mila
- Super comfortable and zero chafing (my first run in these was 20km and I didn't even need to use Body Glide). The fabric is just the right weight for late spring / early summer running. The length is perfect for me... it's so hard to find women's running shorts that aren't super short! Love the pockets... I just wish they were distributed better. If I carry a phone, a credit card, one gel & a single key all at once then I feel very unbalanced while running. Not sure why the designers chose to put all three pockets on the same side. Very impractical. If you put out a "version 2" of these shorts with better pocket distribution, I will be first in line to buy them. :-) (Posted on 6/15/14)
- The best ever. by HHSweet
- These shorts solved all of my problems (running + post-run apparel related). They are as wonderful as my longer spandex shorts from a fit and function perspective, but I feel more comfortable on pre/post-run errands with a bit of looseness around the thighs. I'm 155#, 5'10" and haven't met a pair of shorts that didn't ride up... until NOW. Amazing construction with the tapered thigh. (Posted on 6/3/14)
- LOVE...mostly by Holly
- I ran in these last summer (navy) and loved them. I wore them for all long training runs. I ordered a second pair this summer (black) and they are a bit different size-wise. My new pair is a little smaller (both are size medium) and the left leg seems to ride up sometimes - especially in sweatier weather. But neither chafe and the front pocket holds my iphone5 perfectly. I am 5'2, 125 with muscular legs + booty so I appreciate the length so much! I don't find the rise too low at all like others have mentioned. And I agree that it would be nice to offset the pockets so that not everything is on the right side of my body. (Which makes me wonder if that is why only the left leg rides up? (Posted on 6/2/14)
- Favorite shorts but... by Desert Run
- One - this style needs more colors. Love the fabric and length. I also wish the rise was higher...I can wear them fine, but they'd be even better with a higher rise. The pockets are great. I have two pair and just wash them a lot because they are my faves and I don't like my old shorts as much. (Posted on 5/18/14)
- perfection in running short form! by Liz
- I seriously love these shorts. They aren't too long--they are just a few inches longer than the regular Rogas. The fit is so flattering--very streamlined without being tight. They do have a lower rise than most running shorts, but it's not too low and in my opinion, adds to the flattering fit of the shorts. The material is light, and does not show sweat (I have them in both grey and black). They are also the only running shorts that I have found that don't ride up--I pretty much forget about them when I'm running. The side zip pocket is awesome and roomy--something you rarely find in women's running shorts. Love, love, love these! (Posted on 2/5/14)
- Love these shorts! by Michelle
- I have three pairs of these shorts and they are my "go to" shorts when it's warm enough in the Midwest to wear them. They have nice coverage and are a perfect fit for me. I just wish they came in more colors. The new burgundy color that the regular Roga's come in for Spring would have been nice in the Long Roga's...or maybe they're still coming? Hoping so!!! (Posted on 2/4/14)
- Perfect length and comfy by Ismay
Pros: Thanks for making a longer short for those of us who do not have stick thighs. Very comfortable and good wicking ability.
Cons: I agree with other comments, put one of the pockets on opposite side.
Note: For those who say the short rides up, go up a size, it worked for me! Also in cold winters, the fabric does get staticy and I find that makes the legs ride up. (Posted on 2/4/14)