- Love these shorts! by Amanda
- I bought a grey pair of these on clearance at a local running store last year in size small (5'8" and about 135 lbs). They are the perfect length to avoid the rubbing of inner thighs. As I've gotten a bit older (33) apparently I have gotten some thigh fat in the wrong place. I used to love short shorts, but have problems with them nowadays. I love the lightweight, stretchy material. I ended up buying the navy color in size medium for my fall marathon last year too. I really wish they came in more colors! (And not pink, I refuse to wear anything pink.) (Posted on 2/27/15)
- My go to shorts by JDL
- These shorts are wonderful! I am 5"2 and weigh 118 and I love the way these shorts feel and fit. My inner thighs are so sensitive and I can't tell you how many times I have chafed there. I have been confined to spandex and compression like shorts since I started running and these shorts allow me to wear regular shorts! I love that there are two pockets and I usually use those for gels. There are a few things that I dislike about the short. I think the rise should come up a little higher on the hips. The liner is also a little tighter for my liking but there are no panty lines in the back which is nice. I would definitely size up. I am usually a small or size 4 and I am very glad I ordered a medium size 6. These shorts are really comfortable and I am really glad I came across them! So ladies if you are looking for more coverage these are your shorts! (Posted on 2/25/15)
- One more thing- by Karenbee
- The new sizing is fantastic. I wear a 14 in street clothes, and I normally would not have ordered size 12 shorts - but these fit even better than the size XL! Thanks! (Posted on 2/12/15)
- Goldilocks shorts. by Karenbee
- Not too long. Not too short. Just right. I haven't run in shorts for years due to chafing (the length of most shorts usually hit an inconveniently placed mole on my thigh, and well, bad things happen). The Long Roga exceeded my expectations by far! The rise stayed in place, not drooping like some shorts, and the legs stayed in place. Not too long on my 5'2" frame, and the XL fit my size 14 frame perfectly. I only wish it came in more colors! (Posted on 1/22/15)
- Too Small :( by Katie
- I really wanted to love these shorts as much as the other reviewers do, but they're too small for me! I ordered the same size I normally do in Oiselle bottoms and they're just way too tight. I'm super bummed that I won't be able to wear these after all! Consider ordering up a size. (Posted on 11/12/14)
- Love these shorts! by Cindy
- I had given up on shorts, for running and just in general. I hate how they ride up and create "unfortunate bunching"! I came upon a review for these shorts and decided to give them a try. I can't say enough good about them! If they were a little less expensive, I would have a drawer full! (Posted on 9/8/14)
- These shorts are ALL THAT! by Wannabrunning
The long rogas were my first Oiselle short purchase. My first time breaking them in was during a half-marathon I was scheduled to run. These shorts were all that and a bag of chips because they were good to me during the entire run. I love the waistband and the fact it has a drawstring. The material is unlike any other material on a short I've worn. It's soft, stretchy and best of all, no riding up. Plus, the shorts have excellent wicking abilities. I was drenched in sweat, but you could not tell with the shorts. The pockets are an added bonus. I'm going to try different lengths, but ROGAS are my holy grail of running shorts.
For reference, I'm 5'4" and weigh 130lbs. (Posted on 8/18/14)
- Finally found the perfect shorts by Tracy
- I have been looking for running shorts that do not ride up or chafe for a *long* time. I have finally found them! They are the perfect fit for muscular thighs - not too loose and baggy nor sausage-casing tight. The fabric is light for those hot sweaty runs and the liner fabric is breathable. I like the yoga waistband but I take the string out. Please don't change a thing about these shorts (changing the pocket is fine) and please make them in more colours! (Posted on 7/27/14)
- Comfy-ish by Ultra Runnerette
good length in the legs, but it needs a higher rise. BADLY.
I usually chafe on my longer runs in shorts and desperately wanted shorts I could wear that protected by tender inner-thighs. Usually confined to compression-y, spandex-y, capris that slowly strangle the life from my legs, I read the reviews on the long roga and thought, "SWEET. best of both worlds!"
yes and no.
the legs are long enough to protect my thighs, but the waist band sits so low!
When I pull it up to a comfortable level on my hips, I get the front-wedgie/camel toe from hell.
When I fix that, the band is so low it feels like it's falling off of me!
It DOES kinda fall off me. I keep needing to readjust.
If you like low waist bands, great. But it doesn't make me feel very secure at all.
Also, while it's not too crazy for me, at least.
I would reccomend going up a size when you order.
I'm usually a size 10 or 12 depending on what I'm buying (8 if vanity), which was right between the medium and large sizes according to the oiselle size index. I went with a large, and I kinda wish I went with an XL....
Someone else likened these to leg and butt cling wrap and I must concur.
I like them, but I don't wear them for any run over 20 miles.
Too. Much. Fuss. (Posted on 7/26/14)
- Perfect length, but annoying pocket placement by Mila
- Super comfortable and zero chafing (my first run in these was 20km and I didn't even need to use Body Glide). The fabric is just the right weight for late spring / early summer running. The length is perfect for me... it's so hard to find women's running shorts that aren't super short! Love the pockets... I just wish they were distributed better. If I carry a phone, a credit card, one gel & a single key all at once then I feel very unbalanced while running. Not sure why the designers chose to put all three pockets on the same side. Very impractical. If you put out a "version 2" of these shorts with better pocket distribution, I will be first in line to buy them. :-) (Posted on 6/15/14)