"Half" has a bad rap. Consider the following terms:
With the exception of half-n-half (I mean, we all need it!), half-life (how else could we record carbon dating?), and the effective half-Nelson wrestling hold, not a lot of positivity. Except for Snape, I guess he turned out to be a good guy?
The half marathon often takes an unfair backseat to the grand 26.2. Training for a half marathon is a full commitment. It’s not just a half marathon; it’s a full half marathon. During April, dubbed "marathon month" to many, we are here to make half's reputation, no half-baked, half-cocked, or half-assed ideas allowed.
We present: the #oisellefullhalf challenge!
We’re inviting the half marathon to the marathon month party! Get ready to rock out to the beat of the full 13.
What does the challenge entail?
- Make a commitment you will complete 13 times during the month of April.
- Share yours on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #oisellefullhalf
- Run 13 miles a week
- Commit to 13 days of strength work
- Save the planet by running, biking, or walking to work for 13 days
- Map out and run 13 new routes
- Complete 13 Jasyoga video sessions
- Do 13 pushups a day
- Or of course...sign up for the full 13.1
Start thinking of your commitment before April 1st. And if you need help, tweet us! Good luck runners...and happy full-half marathon month!