asher henry

ambassador Member Since: 2013

Connect with me:

Twitter

hometown savannah, georgia

 

Do you have a quote that guides, inspires, or embodies your training/racing/life?
"Pressure can bust pipes or create diamonds." - Robert Horry

Why do you run?
The explanation for why I choose to run is definitely multifaceted. After recently becoming a doctoral student of Physical Therapy I find myself inceasingly turning to running as an escape from the stress, anxiety and overwhelming nature of school. In past years my relationship with running was constantly altered based on seasonal goals and competitive aspirations. While these are still my main focus in the sport, running has also blessed me with tranquility in the midst of a new and hectic unknown. I appreciate a run so much more: savoring every step I get on a trail and every minute I can spend out of the classroom enjoying one of my true loves.

That being said, when everything is stripped down to the basics, I believe the cornerstone of why I can run can be summed up in one quote: "Talent is a gift from God and whoever discovers it in himself has a certain obligation: to know that he cannot waste this talent, but must develop it." - John Paul II

What is your favorite place to run?
Cedar River Trail and Fort Steilacoom Park both in Washington State.

Running gear you can't live without?
Oiselle Roga Shorts and Harry Potter Audiobooks.

What is your favorite local running store?
Fleet Feet Savannah

When you're not running where would we find you?
Attempting to not fail out of Doctorate of Physical Therapy program! 90% of my life is comprised of class, studying and stressing. The remaining 10% spent with my husbo, pups, and running truly keeps me sane. Luckily, my husband is quite an awesome runner himself, so knocking out a run and spending qualtity time with him is usually done simultaneously.

What is your favorite post-race treat?
Ice cold sweet tea and a chipolte burrito.

Complete the sentence: If I was stranded in a hotel room with one movie and one book, they would be…
Forrest Gump and Kinesiology Textbook (lame I know).

 

asher's favorites

Race Distance Indoor Track - 3k - Speed meets endurance!
Workout The Michigan Workout: 1mi. tempo-1200m-800m-400m fast
Pump Up Song

Clarity - Zedd ft. Foxes

Poker Face - Lady Gaga